What Madhuri Dixit think of todays actors

Alright, let's get back to movies again. Any film in the recent past that you've liked a lot? "It would be Bheja Fry. The comedy was very different from other films. It was not slapstick. It was a different sort of film when this guy walks in the house and then creates a mess. All the actors have done a brilliant job and kept the interest of the film going. It was wonderful." And amongst the new crop of actors which are the ones that you find promising? "Vidya Balan and Konkona Sen Sharma. But I wouldn't say that I am very fair because I haven't seen many films off late."

Well, that's an honest admission, but if you have to choose any one performance from your own films, which one will it be? "There are a lot of films which I look back with a lot of fondness whether they have done well or not done well. I can't really pinpoint one film. But I think my first film Abodh is closest, even though it didn't do well but I worked with the best people I've ever worked with i.e. the Rajshris. They introduced me to the movies. When Hum Aapke Hain Kaun happened, my joy doubled because they were the ones who had introduced me to films. And to work with them again and have such a big success was wonderful for me. In that sense every film has its own saga behind it," Madhuri Dixit says getting into the nostalgic mode.

Your future plans? "I don't know yet," she says flashing that high octane smile. We'd say, Aaja Nachle to that one. And maybe lots more....

Comments