Why Madhuri Dixit Famous

The so-called “Marilyn Monroe” of Bollywood, Madhuri Dixit was one of the biggest stars in the Indian film industry during the late 1980s and 1990s thanks to roles in hit films like Dil, Beta, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Dil To Pagal Hai, and Devdas. Five years after stepping away from the limelight to become a mother, Madhuri has returned with a role in the film Aaja Nachley.

Unseen Madhuri Dixt pictures
Madhuri Dixit Teenage pictures
Madhuri Dixit without makeup
Dance Queen Madhuri Dixit
Madhuri Dixit Family

Sex Appeal

This Bollywood beauty caused a stir in 1993 when she performed the song “Choli Ke Peeche” in Khal Nayak. The overtly sexual number attracted the ire of women’s groups throughout India for encouraging men to “look inside her blouse and see her heart.”

Sadly for her legions of male fans, Madhuri has been off the market since 1999 when she married Dr. Sriram Nene, a Denver-based cardiovascular surgeon. The happy couple now has two children and Madhuri insists that she loves her new role as a mother and homemaker. “Today, I give my family the same passion and love I gave my work,” she says. “I try to give my best to everything I do. I don't think of housework as beneath my dignity; that's just the way I was brought up.” 

Comments