Madhuri DIxiit's life

Madhuri Dixit's Life (Part 2)
Self Interview Madhuri Dixit.

Well, it all happened by accidentaly. As a child, I loved watching movies and used to sit watching "Chaayageet" all the time, but of course, never visualized myself on the screen. I used to love dancing, taking part in cultural activities in school, directing plays etc In the 10th standard, I was voted the best student of the year as I was all over on the cultural scene that year. It was during that time that someone we knew who was working in Rajshri Productions, told us that they were looking for a new girl for their movie Abodh. It was something like ˜Balika Vadhu" and they wanted a fresh and innocent looking young girl. So he came and asked my family if I,d be interested in doing the movie to which my parents straightaway said, ˜No, we like her dancing, but that is about it. Besides, we want her to complete her education. But he insisted that we meet the Rajshri Productions people just once. They are very nice people, just like us, he told my family. My family then had discussions and ultimately decided to at least meet them.

We went to the Rajshri office and met Tarachand Barjatyaji and Raj Babu and their family and we felt quite comfortable with them. My mom and dad were kind of appeased, and also it was a simple and sweet role, nothing controversial. Then, mom spoke to her family as she comes from a very orthodox family. We were surprised when they said, "The girl has talent and we feel she will make it. My panji (great grandmother) was very forward thinking for her age and when she gave her consent, we said, Lets take a chance

Comments